Saugerties, NY Triathlon Splash & Dash
What is Splash & Dash? Check out this video.
Splash & Dash is a fun and fast-growing sport that combines running and swimming and is open to youth athletes ages 7-15. There will be over 60 Splash & Dash events sanctioned by USA Triathlon in the United States annually.
100% of proceeds go to the Boys and Girls Club of Ulster County
Athletes are separated into two divisions:
- Ages 7-10 will swim 100 meters and run 1 kilometer
- Ages 11-15 will swim 200 meters and run 2 kilometers.
The swim will take place in the protected and shallow waters of Saugerties Village Beach and the run is an out-n-back on W Bridge St. There will be plenty of lifeguards during the swim and plenty of course marshals monitoring the run. The entire run course will be closed to traffic to ensure that the athletes are safe.
Young athletes will have an experience just like the pros as they sprint to the finish line. All finishers will receive a finisher medal and winners will receive a framed award.
Schedule: Monday, October 10, 2022 – Race Site: Saugerties Village Beach, 47 S Partition St, Saugerties, NY 12477
- 11 am – 1:30 pm: Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up
- 1:00 pm: Athlete Meeting for all Splash & Dash athletes
- 1:10 pm: Splash & Dash Race Starts – Ages 11-15
- 1:15 pm: Splash & Dash Race Starts – Ages 7-10
- 2:30 pm: Splash & Dash Awards Ceremony
Check out THIS VIDEO